SFX80+ Passenger coach sounds
SFX80+ Passenger Coach Sounds Capsule
This sound capsule adds real sound to your layout - self contained and easy to fit with no wires, switch or pickups.
SFX is a self contained sound capsule for model trains and requires no connections because it is battery powered and uses a motion sensor to detect whether it is stationary or moving and a microprocessor to play appropriate real train sounds! No on-off switch is required because it turns itself on automatically as soon as it moves, then switches off after it has been still for a while to save battery.
• Easy to fit in seconds - no wiring or switches!
• No pickups or wires - works on regular DC & DCC
• Self contained capsule - built-in speaker & battery (Supplied)
• Tiny - smaller than a 50p: 25mm x 20mm x 12mm
• Fit capsule into a loco, tender, wagon, coach....
• Real recorded sounds from real railways
SFX80 - Passenger Coach Sounds Capsule
Pack contents: SFX sound capsule, Flexible sound tube, CR2032 battery and instructions.
How to fit SFX Sound into N Gauge guide - Click Here
How does it work?
At the heart of each SFX is a microchip containing the real recorded train sounds and a small motion sensor which detects what the train is doing and replays the most appropriate sounds through the tiny loudspeaker. The motion sensor also turns on and off power so that there is no need for any switch and battery life is preserved.
SFX80 Passenger Coach Sounds
These are the sounds you can expect to hear from your SFX80. They are not simulated effects but real sounds recorded by us from original slam-door style Coach stock (mainly Mk2) on the North Norfolk Railway (www.nnr.co.uk) and on the Mid Norfolk Railway (www.mnr.org.uk)
• A quick motion will sound the guards whistle...
• Continuous motion and you will hear occasional wheel squeal as it sets off...
• When the coach stops you will hear the screech of brakes as it comes to a complete stop...
• Once stationary you will hear a few of the slam doors open and close, others being left open for other passengers to alight...
• After it has been stationary for a minute or so you will sometimes hear a guards ‘All aboard’ call and more door slams..
• Once there is no motion for over three minutes the SFX goes to sleep and waits for slight movement to wake it up.
You can see a video of the SFX80 capsule and its sounds by Clicking Here
• Uses CR2032 battery - readily available from dcpexpress or Train-tech dealers as BAT1(Click Here) at just £3 for a pack of 3 and will last most people years!
NOT FOR SUPPLY OUTSIDE OF THE UK - PLEASE ORDER SFX80EX INSTEAD WITH NO BATTERY INCLUDED AND SO LEGAL TO POST OVERSEAS (Click Here)
Lithium type batteries cannot legally be mailed internationally by Royal Mail or their partners in other countries, so please do not order this item if you are outside the UK or Northern Ireland as we will have to remove the battery before shipping.
DCP Express offer all of its products without batteries at reduced prices for sale to our international customers. Our apologies for this inconvenience, but you should be able to buy these standard CR2032 batteries quite easily in your own country.
The following range of SFX Sound Capsules now available:
SFX10+ Steam Express sound capsule Click here
SFX11+ Steam Freight sound capsule Click here
SFX20+ Diesel Sound Capsule - with coasting Click here
SFX21+ Diesel Sound Capsule - no coasting Click here
SFX50+ DMU Diesel Multiple Unit Sound Capsule Click here
SFX70+ Goods Shunting Sounds Capsule Click here
SFX80+ Passenger Coach Sounds Capsule Click here
All prices shown INCLUDE UK VAT at 20% and a VAT receipt is automatically supplied. (VAT not charged to non UK customers and will be automatically removed at Checkout)