SFX50+ Diesel multiple Unit Sound Capsule
SFX50+ DMU Sound Capsule
This sound capsule adds real sound to your layout - self contained and easy to fit with no wires, switch or pickups.
SFX is a self contained sound capsule for model trains and requires no connections because it is battery powered and uses a motion sensor to detect whether it is stationary or moving and a microprocessor to play appropriate real train sounds! No on-off switch is required because it turns itself on automatically as soon as it moves, then switches off after it has been still for a while to save battery.
• Easy to fit in seconds - no wiring or switches!
• No pickups or wires - works on regular DC & DCC
• Self contained capsule - built-in speaker & battery (Supplied)
• Tiny - smaller than a 50p: 25mm x 20mm x 12mm
• Fit capsule into a loco, tender, wagon, coach....
• Real recorded sounds from real railways
SFX50 - DMU Sound Capsule
Pack contents: SFX sound capsule, Flexible sound tube, CR2032 battery and instructions.
How to fit SFX Sound into N Gauge guide - Click Here
How does it work?
At the heart of each SFX is a microchip containing the real recorded train sounds and a small motion sensor which detects what the train is doing and replays the most appropriate sounds through the tiny loudspeaker. The motion sensor also turns on and off power so that there is no need for any switch and battery life is preserved.
SFX50+ DMU Sounds
These are sounds you can expect to hear from your SFX50. They are not simulated effects but real sounds recorded by us on the Mid-Norfolk and North-Norfolk Railways from several different sets of Class 101 DMU’s, though these would sound good in most vintage DMU’s.
• Startup - hear the classic engine start up, then a steady tickover while resting until the train moves again
Further movement triggers the distinctive guard ‘buzz-buzz’, then if there is still motion sometimes a quick horn, followed by...
• The classic rasp of the engine starts speeding up with gradual gear changes & coasting as journey continues
• A quick High-Low horn sounds if train travels continuously for a minute, then less often if the train continues
• After the SFX detects that motion has stopped, the DMU capsule returns to the sound of a gentle tickover...
• When no motion for around a minute SFX automatically goes to sleep & waits for movement to wake it up.
You can see a video of the SFX50 capsule and its sounds by Clicking Here
• Uses CR2032 battery - readily available from dcpexpress or Train-tech dealers as BAT1(Click Here) at just £3 for a pack of 3 and will last most people years!
NOT FOR SUPPLY OUTSIDE OF THE UK - PLEASE ORDER SFX50EX INSTEAD WITH NO BATTERY INCLUDED AND SO LEGAL TO POST OVERSEAS (Click Here)
Lithium type batteries cannot legally be mailed internationally by Royal Mail or their partners in other countries, so please do not order this item if you are outside the UK or Northern Ireland as we will have to remove the battery before shipping.
DCP Express offer all of its products without batteries at reduced prices for sale to our international customers. Our apologies for this inconvenience, but you should be able to buy these standard CR2032 batteries quite easily in your own country.
The following range of SFX Sound Capsules now available:
SFX10+ Steam Express sound capsule Click here
SFX11+ Steam Freight sound capsule Click here
SFX20+ Diesel Sound Capsule - with coasting Click here
SFX21+ Diesel Sound Capsule - no coasting Click here
SFX50+ DMU Diesel Multiple Unit Sound Capsule Click here
SFX70+ Goods Shunting Sounds Capsule Click here
SFX80+ Passenger Coach Sounds Capsule Click here
All prices shown INCLUDE UK VAT at 20% and a VAT receipt is automatically supplied. (VAT not charged to non UK customers and will be automatically removed at Checkout)