SFX20+ - Diesel Loco Sound Capsule
SFX20+ - Diesel Sound Capsule
This sound capsule adds real sound to your layout - self contained and easy to fit with no wires, switch or pickups.
SFX is a self contained sound capsule for model trains and requires no connections because it is battery powered and uses a motion sensor to detect whether it is stationary or moving and a microprocessor to play appropriate real train sounds! No on-off switch is required because it turns itself on automatically as soon as it moves, then switches off after it has been still for a while to save battery.
• Easy to fit in seconds - no wiring or switches!
• No pickups or wires - works on regular DC & DCC
• Self contained capsule - built-in speaker & battery (Supplied)
• Tiny - smaller than a 50p: 25mm x 20mm x 12mm
• Fit capsule into a loco, tender, wagon, coach....
• Real recorded sounds from real railways
• SFX20+ version facilities for volume setting, external speaker and battery
SFX20 - Diesel Locomotive Sound Capsule
Pack contents: SFX sound capsule, Flexible sound tube, CR2032 battery and instructions.
How to fit SFX Sound into N Gauge guide - Click Here
How does it work?
At the heart of each SFX is a microchip containing the real recorded train sounds and a small motion sensor which detects what the train is doing and replays the most appropriate sounds through the tiny loudspeaker. The motion sensor also turns on and off power so that there is no need for any switch and battery life is preserved.
SFX20 Classic Diesel Loco Sounds
These are the sounds you can expect to hear from your SFX20. They are not simulated effects but real sounds recorded by us from Class 31 locomotives No D5631 (31207) on the North Norfolk Railway (www.nnr.co.uk) and No 31235 on the Mid Norfolk Railway (www.mnr.org.uk) during 2014
- Stationary - Engine Tickover sound and the occasional compressor noise cutting in and out
- Any movement triggers the sound of air release and if motion continues a single horn sounds followed by gradual speed up of the engine
- After speed up engine power is maintained until you hear the turbo whine down and gentle coasting before power applied again
- The two tone horn sounds after the loco travels continuously for a while
- When motion stops it returns to stationary sounds.
- If there is no motion for over a minute the SFX automatically goes to sleep and waits for slight movement to wake it up.
You can see a video of the SFX20 capsule and its sounds by Clicking Here
• Uses CR2032 battery - readily available from dcpexpress or Train-tech dealers as BAT1(Click Here) at just £3 for a pack of 3 and will last most people years!
NOT FOR SUPPLY OUTSIDE OF THE UK - PLEASE ORDER SFX20EX INSTEAD WITH NO BATTERY INCLUDED AND SO LEGAL TO POST OVERSEAS (Click Here)
Lithium type batteries cannot legally be mailed internationally by Royal Mail or their partners in other countries, so please do not order this item if you are outside the UK or Northern Ireland as we will have to remove the battery before shipping.
DCP Express offer all of its products without batteries at reduced prices for sale to our international customers. Our apologies for this inconvenience, but you should be able to buy these standard CR2032 batteries quite easily in your own country.
Other SFX Sound Capsules available:
SFX10 Steam Sound Capsule (Click Here)
SFX50 DMU Sound Capsule (Click Here)
All prices shown INCLUDE UK VAT at 20% and a VAT receipt is automatically supplied. (VAT not charged to non EU customers and will be automatically removed at Checkout)