SFX11+ Steam Freight Loco Sound Capsule
The SFX 11 is a new variation on the popular SFX10 with the same core sounds but speedup rate and maximum speed are reduced to sound more appropriate for slower running heavy goods or shunting.
Sounds include fireman coaling, steam release, chuffs, whistles etc - see below
• Easy to fit in seconds - no wiring or switches!
• No pickups or wires - works on regular DC & DCC
• Self contained capsule - built-in speaker & battery
• Tiny - smaller than a 50p: 25mm x 20mm x 12mm
• Fit capsule into a loco, tender, wagon, coach....
• Real recorded sounds from Steam, Diesel, Electric, etc
• Plus version has facilities for volume setting, external speaker and battery
SFX11 - Steam Freight Locomotive Sound Capsule
Pack contents: SFX sound capsule, Flexible sound tube, CR2032 battery (UK only), instructions.
How to fit SFX Sound into N Gauge guide, see here
SFX is a self contained sound capsule for model trains and requires no connections because it is battery powered and uses a motion sensor to detect whether it is stationary or moving and a microprocessor to play appropriate real train sounds! No on-off switch is required because it turns itself on automatically as soon as it moves, then switches off after it has been still for a while to save battery.
SFX11 Steam Freight Loco Sounds (others are available for Diesel, Coaches, Electric, DMU, Shunting - see Train-Tech brochure)
These are the sounds you can expect to hear from your SFX11. They are not simulated effects but real sounds recorded by us on the North Norfolk Railway from Steam loco B12 8572 except the coaling shoveling which is from Oliver Cromwell 70013.
- Resting - Gentle steam hiss plus a Pump and occasional Fireman coaling
- Any movement triggers the sound of steam release and if motion continues there is a short whistle followed by slow ‘chuffs’
- Slow Steam chuffs get a little faster after a while, as heard with heavy goods or shunting
- A double whistle sounds if the loco travels continuously for a while
- When motion stops it returns to Resting sounds.
- When there is no motion for around a minute the SFX automatically goes to sleep and waits for movement to wake it up.
You can see a video of the SFX11 capsule and its sounds by Clicking Here
• Uses CR2032 battery - readily available from dcpexpress or Train-tech dealers as BAT1(Click Here) at just £3 for a pack of 3 and will last most people years!
NOT FOR SUPPLY OUTSIDE OF THE UK - PLEASE ORDER SFX11EX INSTEAD WITH NO BATTERY INCLUDED AND SO LEGAL TO POST OVERSEAS (Click Here)
Lithium type batteries cannot legally be mailed internationally by Royal Mail or their partners in other countries, so please do not order this item if you are outside the UK or Northern Ireland as we will have to remove the battery before shipping.
DCP Express offer all of its products without batteries at reduced prices for sale to our international customers. Our apologies for this inconvenience, but you should be able to buy these standard CR2032 batteries quite easily in your own country.
The following range of SFX Sound Capsules now available:
SFX10+ Steam Express sound capsule Click here
SFX11+ Steam Freight sound capsule Click here
SFX20+ Diesel Sound Capsule - with coasting Click here
SFX21+ Diesel Sound Capsule - no coasting Click here
SFX50+ DMU Diesel Multiple Unit Sound Capsule Click here
SFX70+ Goods Shunting Sounds Capsule Click here
SFX80+ Passenger Coach Sounds Capsule Click here
All prices shown INCLUDE UK VAT at 20% and a VAT receipt is automatically supplied. (VAT not charged to non UK customers and will be automatically removed at Checkout)